2016-07-22

New Fastitocalon

Don't worry maties, I have not forgotten the Moth Queen, nor have a forgotten that I need to produce resin versions of the Great Beast of the Plains and the Dwarf War Wagon - I am still waiting for funding for the machinery...

This is where it is at for the moment. A Mexican standoff in my mind whether I should finish number 2 or not. But I get ahead of myself. Let's rewind the tape and go back in time:

I figured that I needed to make a new fastitocalon that I could produce on a small scale and perhaps "move" a unit or two... so, by combining (see above) the old f-con with new thougths, and some uplifting words from my pal J, work was started on the new f-con.


It was decided by the time I sat in front of my work-station that it would be a mega-beast, big enough to even play small skirmish games on. Again, see above for illustrative illustration, and as stupid as the diabetes-jug is, just as un-good was my idea to make a resin beast you could actually use as a little barge. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much. Especially with diabetes or resin.

Work on it's head has begun in the pictures seen here. Gum in Super Sculpey with the intention of adding green stuff at a later stage. Everything has it time, and I have finally learnt the importance of doing things in order - it makes everything easier and better.



A rather more thought-out head, with elaborated biological explanations added to each part of F-con 2's head. New one versus old one.


And this is where it is for the moment. The project has grinded to a halt for various reasons. And now we are back at where this blogpost started. It is a Mexican standoff. Do I want to continue with this project, even if it has turned out smaller than the original (as I had actually planned), because I am not sure I like it this "small".


Not seen in these pictures are the following: The tantrum I threw when I had to redo it's leg for the second time and I snapped and punched the original fastitocalon. It was one of those unbelievable moments that a person later, when in front of the judge say: "I did not know what came over me, I have no recollection of the moment when I stabbed the defendant."
     Lol.... he said slowly.

It should have been a picture attached to the text above, an image I would have used to illustrate how I felt when I finally finished the first parts of the new fastitocalon's shell: Near tears, not because of smoke, but of irritation and witheld anger. Living in an apartment has it's positives and it's very definite negatives; not being able to scream with frustration is one of those so called cons. Despite having planned this beast in every little detail it seemed everything seemed to go wrong!
     Can't say I have enjoyed the project so far, but looking at it I feel better: It is going somewhere, and it is not up my bum, to say the least, mr Lahey.


Below is a picture I promised mr J: It is a very pedagogical image of how different cultures try to convey either a message, negotiate or plainly solve a problem.



I got some Chinese snacks from a friend who's originally from said country. They tasted like fermented soy and it got me thinking of how different our cultures are but still we are very much alike...

... but this is a lesson we in the West really need to teach our younglings. Individuality is awesome, but with it comes a lot of responsibility.

... and this week I feel like this joke is all too true. Back in the day here in Sweden, no one wouldn't even see the point in joking about this. I hardly find this amusing, even if I like to think I have a sense of humour. What I am trying to say here is mainly directed towards myself: Having a tantrum is all fine and dandy, but to destroy one's models? No, this llama needs to take a hard and long look in the famous mirror and get his priorities straight, up his game and start producing some good stuff. I hope you will follow me down this tiny, shady path filled with distractions.

A sincere hope that you all have your health and are enjoying your summer, and that you Southrons are enjoying your winter. I see you when I see, good people!

2 kommentarer:

  1. lol! at the Dad. Well, at least you stuck to the plan of making a smaller one and you know that the smaller size may not be what your after. Would adding more armour around the edges be a possibility to make the beast larger ?, seems like it could take it if you were to continue the project. I think its looking good so far anyway.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, I think the smaller one is better after getting some time off the project. Thanks for your input on the matter! And lol at the dad ;) We need more of that kind of parenting here in Sweden, hehehe!

      Radera